Tuesday, January 02, 2007

From the Holy Land and Back Again...

Well, I'd love to tell you that Gavi, as predicted was an angel on the plane. All the passengers cooed and awwed over him. I have a big fat NOPE to say to that. We had 2 flights to take. Newark to Paris. Paris to Tel Aviv. Ask me how long gavi slept the whole trip? Go on ask me. About 1 hour max. He wore himself out with the crying 20 minutes before landing each flight. Thank G-d my mother was with me to ease my sanity. With about 9 hours of crying under his belt, 3 hours of roaming through the Paris airport, and one lost piece luggage later... yes we lost a bag... We got into the cab with his car seat and a huge smile crept onto his face. Oh there's the Gavi I gave life to!!! Not the devil child.
We arrived in Beitar and had a great visit with the trip back hanging over my head. I told Yitzy I was making aliya (moving to Israel) so pack up the house and come on over. Alas, he did not. We love White Plains too much to make such a rash decision. But we came home and thanks to Israeli Homeopathic Intervention Gavi was an angel as previously predicted.
Don’t get me wrong, it will still be YEARS before I travel with Gavi alone.

So we’re home now. We started Gavi on the rice cereal diet. He loves it.




It takes some time for the video to appear in the blog so click HERE for the link.

I'm sorry it took so long to update the blog. As you can immagine we're still adjusting. Love to all .

Gavi's Mom

1 comment:

grandma Laurie said...

I'm so glad Gavi was good on the way home. He was smart to change his ways! I miss you guys and can't wait to discuss foreign travel with him. Who's more jet lagged?
Love, Grandma